- Coming July 18: High Falutin' Goofy Talk: III
- Workplace speech and writing sometimes strays into the land of pretentious but overused business phrases, which I like to call high falutin' goofy talk. We use these phrases with perhaps less thought than they deserve, because they can be trite or can evoke indecorous images. Here's Part III of a collection of phrases and images to avoid. Available here and by RSS on July 18.
- And on July 25: Exploiting Functional Fixedness: II
- A cognitive bias called functional fixedness causes difficulty in recognizing new uses for familiar things. It also makes for difficulty in recognizing devious uses of everyday behaviors. Here's Part II of a catalog of deviousness based on functional fixedness. Available here and by RSS on July 25.
- Conflict Management
- Cognitive Biases at Work
- Emotions at Work
- Ethics at Work
- Workplace Politics
- Organizational Change
- Personal, Team, and Organizational Effectiveness
- Project Management
- Rhetorical Fallacies
- Effective Meetings
- Effective Communication at Work
- Writing and Managing Email
- Managing Your Boss
- Problem Solving and Creativity
- Critical Thinking at Work
- Virtual and Global Teams
- Devious Political Tactics
- Workplace Bullying
The message of Point Lookout is unique. Help get the message out. Please donate to help keep Point Lookout available for free to everyone.
Ebooks, booklets and tip books on project management, conflict, writing email, effective meetings and more.