Dynamic problem-solving organizations face special problems. In producing products and services for their customers, we must make technology work in new ways, before any of our competitors do. A dynamic problem-solving organization produces first-of-a-kind commercial products and services based on technical mastery and state-of-the-art teamwork.
This Web site is way more than a hyperlinked brochure. You'll find hundreds of articles here, packed with valuable content. Keep reading below, or take a quick look right now.
I'm Rick Brenner, principal of Chaco Canyon Consulting. I understand what life is like in problem-solving organizations that depend on teamwork for success. I know what it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, and still hang on to your humanity, your integrity, and your sense of humor.[an error occurred while processing this directive]
We accept either PayPal or credit cards in our store
If you prefer, you can use your PayPal account for any purchase here. Since we're a PayPal Verified seller, you can be assured of a secure and professional purchase process. And even though there's talk of Internet sales taxes someday, there is still No Sales Tax on any purchase you make at our store.
- Sign up for my free newsletter
- Point Lookout is a free weekly email newsletter of tips, insights and perspectives that help people in dynamic problem-solving organizations find better ways to work with each other. It gives concrete, nuts-and-bolts methods for dealing with real-life situations. Sign up now or check out some sample issues.
- Point Lookout for August 31: Covert Obstruction in Teams: II
- Some organizational initiatives enjoy the full support of the teams responsible for executing them. But some repeatedly confront attempts to deprive them of resources or to limit their progress. When team members covertly obstruct progress, what techniques do they use?
- Where you can catch me
- Check out public programs where you can catch me live, or publications where my articles appear. More
- Join the Library of Personal Trade Secrets
- A growing collection of tips, tricks and techniques members use to deal with the hassles of everyday life at work — to thrive and to succeed. Charter membership is free to anyone who contributes a Personal Trade Secret. View some samples
- Get personal coaching from Rick
- Get the extra boost you need to address sudden, unexpected challenges or opportunities or problems of long standing — rapidly and effectively. More
- Check out Rick's Resources
- Ebooks, tips books, email tips, essays, and other resources for people in problem-solving organizations. All designed for people so busy they don't even have time to read the directions on their prescriptions.
- Make your next workshop or seminar a hit!
- Check out what people say after they attend Rick's events. Download a program catalog, and check out my resources for meeting planners.
- Spreadsheet modeling services
- Since we use spreadsheets to manage our projects and our enterprises, we should use them as effectively as we can. Check out Spreadsheet Models for Managers. For more about my spreadsheet consulting and training services, visit SpreadsheetAce.com.
Are you a writer, editor or publisher on deadline?
Are you looking for an article that will get people talking and get compliments flying your way? There are more than 1150 articles and essays at this Web site, ranging from in length from 500 to 3000 words. You could have one in your inbox in an hour. More info
Point Lookout by
starting your Amazon search here
- "Rick is a dynamic presenter who thinks on his feet to keep the material relevant to the
— Tina L. Lawson, Technical Project Manager, BankOne (now J.P. Morgan Chase)
- "Rick truly has his finger on the pulse of teams and their communication."
— Mark Middleton, Team Lead, SERS